With kids around, you never actually know when an incident may happen. So emergency awareness and preparedness is very important as it can Sometimes help you save lives. You should know essential first aid to help the child, specially if there are no hospitals or medical doctors nearby for medical help.
To administer first aid to a kid, you first have to have a kids' first aid kit prepared at all times. In fact, no matter if you have a kid at home or not, you need a kit at home as you never know when minor emergencies arise. A typical kids' first aid kit should contain
1. Adhesive bandages of various sizes to deal with all injuries
2. An antibiotic cream to prevent infection in cuts and scrapes
3. A burn ointment that prevents infections in minor uses up
4. A cleaning agent like a scanner, soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect an injury
5. An eyewash solution for flushing eyes in case of contamination and for relieving pain and swelling in an allergy
6. Sterile dressings and gloves to stop extreme bleeding and for safety reasons
7. Some health professional prescribed medicine for treating pain, cold, inflammation, head ache, nausea and diarrhea. However do keep checking its expiration dates that you can no longer use.
It's not enough to just have a first aid kit around; all adults in your home should know how to deal with minor injuries in kids like cuts, minor melts, scrapes and minor incidents. With his knowledge, you should not only be able to take care of minor injuries, but you should also be able to stabilize the more serious ones till professional medical help arrives.
Instead of preparing your own kids first aid kit, you can buy prepared-made ones on the web or from drug stores. However it is generally better to make your own kit as there is no set normal for these prepared-made ones. So you may not get all of the things required in a first aid kit if you buy these kits.